It doesn’t matter how badass you are, secretly everyone loves Marshmallows.
Here is an easy recipe and shed loads of pictures to gaze at.
You will need: 9 sheets leaf gelatin, 450 gr sugar, 1 tbsp liquid glucose, 200 ml water, 2 large egg whites, 1tbsp vanilla extract, icing sugar, corn flour.
1. Oil a shallow baking tray and dust it with sieved sugar and corn flour.
2. Soak the gelatin in cold water (140ml)
3. Mix the sugar, glucose, and water, then boil it and keep cooking it for about a quarter.
4. When the syrup reaches 130 degrees Celsius, you add the gelatins and their water carefully.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and begin adding the hot syrup, while still whisking. When it starts thickening you add the vanilla extract and keep whisking for 5-10 minutes to make it stiff and thick.
6. Place it into a tin or something and smoothen it, then leave for 1 hour to set.
7. Dust the work surface with icing sugar and corn flour. Then the other side too. Cut it into squares or any shape you want and roll it around.
8. Store airtight.